PRS Private Stock 7049 McCarty 594 Quilt Top Flame Mahogany Neck Rosewood Fretboard Northern Lights
- PRS - Paul Reed Smith Serial#: 244230
- This item has been SOLD!
- Description and Features
- The McCarty 594 is a vintage-inspired instrument that is at once incredibly familiar and effortlessly playable. Whether you are looking for rich, authentic, vintage humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet singlecoil sounds, the McCarty 594 can seamlessly master both sonic territories thanks to the 58/15 LT pickups and push/pull coil taps...
- Model: PRS Private Stock McCarty 594
- Top Wood: Private Stock Grade Quilt Maple
- Body Wood: Mahogany
- Finish Color: Northern Lights
- Fingerboard: Madagascar Rosewood
- More Features
PRS Private Stock PS7049 McCarty 594 Quilt Top Flame Mahogany Neck Rosewood Fretboard Northern Lights
The McCarty 594 is a vintage-inspired instrument that is at once incredibly familiar and effortlessly playable. Whether you are looking for rich, authentic, vintage humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet singlecoil sounds, the McCarty 594 can seamlessly master both sonic territories thanks to the 58/15 LT pickups and push/pull coil taps on the tone controls. The electronics layout, a few key specifications, and PRS craftsmanship combine in the McCarty 594 to create an instrument that plays in tune, is intonated the entire length of the neck, and feels like a guitar that you’ve been playing forever.
"The 594 is the best new guitar I've played in years. It has a vintage heart and soul but without the technical limitations that usually come along with an old instrument. What good is an old guitar if you can't get all that feel out of the upper frets, or the intonation is off? To hear that old PAF sound but be able to articulate the notes in a way that only modern manufacturing could allow is so exciting." – John Mayer
"I think a lot of people know PRS as a company that is looking to history, innovating, and improving all at the same time. The McCarty 594 is a great example of that culture. I believe it to be a great musical instrument… quality, playability and tone. It is also, as the ad says, subtly very different. When we were developing the 594, we examined everything: the scale length, the tuners, the bridge materials, the nut material, the pickups, the neck shape...... every piece of this instrument was designed to be exactly what we thought it needed to be to add up to the best instrument we could make. The final guitar, in my experience, is more than the sum of its parts. My hope is it is a source of joy and real musicality for everyone who picks one up. So far, it seems to be doing its job in that regard" – Paul Reed Smith
A few key specifications that contribute to the McCarty 594’s tone and feel are:
- A 24.594” scale length, just slightly longer than 24.5” and where the model gets its name.
- 58/15 LT pickups. LT, meaning low turns, which give the guitar a warm, clear tone.
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls positioned so players can roll off both volume knobs at the same time. The added versatility of push/pull coil taps for each pickup for more tonal options
- A new Pattern Vintage neck carve, which shares the same width measurements as PRS’s Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the treble side and a little more meat on the bass side of the neck.
|Model||PRS Private Stock McCarty 594|
|Builder||Paul Reed Smith PRS|
|Top Wood||Private Stock Grade Quilt Maple|
|Finish Type||High Gloss Nitro|
|Finish Color||Northern Lights|
|Back Finish||High Gloss Nitro|
|Binding||Scraped Maple Body|
|Neck Wood||East Indian Rosewood|
|Neck Carve||Pattern Regular|
|Neck Finish||High Gloss Nitro|
|Inlays||Mother of Pearl Birds with Paua Outlines and Green Ripple Abalone Purfling|
|Purfling||Mother of Pearl Birds with Paua Outlines and Green Ripple Abalone Purfling|
|Headstock||Mother of Pearl Private Stock Eagle with Paua Outlines and Green Ripple Abalone Purfling|
|Neck Pickup||58/15 LT - Low Turns|
|Bridge Pickup||58/15 LT - Low Turns|
|Bridge||2-Piece Stoptail with Brass Saddles|
|Tuners||Phase III Tuning Keys|
|Controls||2 Volume Knobs, 2 Tone Knobs|
|Extras||Top-horn Pickup Selector Switch|
|Case||PRS Private Stock Brown Leather Case|