PRS Wood Library Quilt Maple 10 Top McCarty 594 Flame Mahogany Neck Brazilian Rosewood Board Faded Blue Jean
- PRS - Paul Reed Smith Serial#: 255764
- This item has been SOLD!
- Description and Features
- The McCarty 594 is a vintage-inspired instrument that is at once incredibly familiar and effortlessly playable. Whether you are looking for rich, authentic, vintage humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet singlecoil sounds, the McCarty 594 can seamlessly master both sonic territories thanks to the 58/15 LT pickups and push/pull coil taps...
- Model: PRS Wood Library Quilt 10 Top McCarty 594
- Top Wood: 10 Top Quilt
- Body Wood: Mahogany
- Finish Color: Faded Blue Jean
- Fingerboard: Brazilian Rosewood
- More Features
2018 Paul Reed Smith PRS Wood Library Quilt Maple 10 Top McCarty 594 Flame Mahogany Neck Brazilian Rosewood Board Faded Blue Jean
The McCarty 594 is a vintage-inspired instrument that is at once incredibly familiar and effortlessly playable. Whether you are looking for rich, authentic, vintage humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet singlecoil sounds, the McCarty 594 can seamlessly master both sonic territories thanks to the 58/15 LT pickups and push/pull coil taps on the tone controls. The electronics layout, a few key specifications, and PRS craftsmanship combine in the McCarty 594 to create an instrument that plays in tune, is intonated the entire length of the neck, and feels like a guitar that you’ve been playing forever.
A few key specifications that contribute to the McCarty 594’s tone and feel are:
“The 594 is the best new guitar I’ve played in years. It has a vintage heart and soul but without the technical limitations that usually come along with an old instrument. What good is an old guitar if you can’t get all that feel out of the upper frets, or the intonation is off? To hear that old PAF sound but be able to articulate the notes in a way that only modern manufacturing could allow is so exciting.” – John Mayer
- A 24.594” scale length, just slightly longer than 24.5” and where the model gets its name.
- 58/15 LT pickups. LT, meaning low turns, which give the guitar a warm, clear tone.
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls positioned so players can roll off both volume knobs at the same time.
- The added versatility of push/pull coil taps for each pickup for more tonal options
- A Pattern Vintage neck carve, which shares the same width measurements as PRS’s Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the treble side and a little more meat on the bass side of the neck.
- Tweaked Phase III tuners have an added set screw that pulls the tuner’s gear and worm together (while “locking” over the worm to prevent slipping) to promote tone transfer from the string directly into the guitar with as little energy as possible being detracted. (The tuner functions identically to standard Phase III tuners for re-stringing. Set screws must NOT be adjusted outside of the PRS factory. Making any adjustments to this feature may cause the tuner to stop functioning properly.)
“I think a lot of people know PRS as a company that is looking to history, innovating, and improving all at the same time. The McCarty 594 is a great example of that culture. I believe it to be a great musical instrument… quality, playability and tone. It is also, as the ad says, subtly very different. When we were developing the 594, we examined everything: the scale length, the tuners, the bridge materials, the nut material, the pickups, the neck shape…... every piece of this instrument was designed to be exactly what we thought it needed to be to add up to the best instrument we could make. The final guitar, in my experience, is more than the sum of its parts. My hope is it is a source of joy and real musicality for everyone who picks one up. So far, it seems to be doing its job in that regard” – Paul Reed Smith
|Model||PRS Wood Library Quilt 10 Top McCarty 594|
|Builder||Paul Reed Smith PRS|
|Body Type||Solid Body|
|Top Wood||10 Top Quilt|
|Finish Color||Faded Blue Jean|
|Back Finish||V12 - Natural|
|Binding||Scraped Maple Binding|
|Neck Wood||Figured Flame Mahogany|
|Neck Carve||Pattern Vintage|
|Neck Dimensions||28.5/32'' @ Nut|
|Nut Width||1 11/16''|
|Inlays||Green Ripple Abalone Birds|
|Headstock||Brazilian Rosewood Veneer with PRS Logo|
|Neck Pickup||58/15 LT|
|Bridge Pickup||58/15 LT|
|Bridge||2-Piece Stoptail with Brass Saddles|
|Tuners||Tweaked Phase III Tuning Keys|
|Controls||2 Volume Knobs, 2 Tone Knobs(Push/Pull Split-Coil), 3-Way Toggle Switch|
|Case||PRS Artist Black Paisley with Brown End Caps|